The 28 Church Planting Residency Program is a 24-month program designed to give potential planters practical training, personal coaching, and hands-on experience from guys who have recently gone through the exhaustion and exhilaration of planting and revitalization. You will not be a nameless face in a mega-sized crowd; you will rather be relationally connected to our pastors and residency team (all of whom have been actively involved in church planting), who will be united with you to see you launch a fresh Gospel work in a nearby city (or even across the country). In constructing this residency we have been trained under the Acts 29 Church Planting Network and the Summit Network in Raleigh, North Carolina. We have consulted with pastors and planters, done meticulous research, and are convinced that we have a strategy in place that will produce strong planters and successful plants.
We are not desiring to bring in dozens of potential planters each year. Instead, we will take very few potential planters each fall, pour into them personally, train them toward planting, coach them in ministry, assist them in developing leaders, help them establish a core, and then send them out as a viable arm of our local network and with the support of the Acts 29 Network to plant a Gospel-breathing, missional church in the Tampa Bay area.
If you are interested in being trained under a Gospel-oriented church and partnered with a network of fellow planters please continue reading below and check out our residency video below.
A few things that you need to know before you apply…
(1) According to Ed Stetzer, a missiologist and leading voice in modern church planting, “planters should expect to work vocationally outside of the church and should welcome the opportunity as it will give them a better understanding of the city and bring to them fresh waves of evangelistic and discipleship opportunities.” Ed goes on to say, “Bi-vocational planting should not be seen as a handicap but rather an opportunity.” We agree with Ed’s thoughts and place a high priority on potential church planters immersing themselves into the city and culture through local employment. Therefore, residents should endeavor to find a job (our team will help in this process) until they are ready to build a planting core and begin raising financial support.
(2) We will be providing resources to our residents, both suggested reading for the residency training and additional books which we believe will be beneficial as they prepare to plant.
(3) We will provide our residents a small monthly stipend for cell phone and gas expense.
(4) We will cover all costs for you to attend, with our leadership team, a Gospel based, church planting conference yearly.
(5) We will help you raise financial support as you enter the second year of the residency.
(6) During the second year of the residency if you continue to feel God solidifying a call to plant and our residency team affirms that call we will walk with you through and pay for your assessment with the Acts 29 Network.
If you feel God leading/calling you to plant please connect by clicking here. We will reach out to you personally with more information and the residency application. Thanks for taking the time to read through and pray over this. We are stoked to see how God will lead from here!
Join us on Sunday mornings at 9:15a.m. & 11a.m. for our worship gatherings.Learn Morenextnext
The best way to get plugged in, Home Groups meet throughout the week in various local areas.Find a Groupnextnext
Student Group meets at BLDG 28 on Wednesday nights at 7pm. Get your teen connected!Learn Morenextnext