For close to two centuries, altar calls have been a mainstay across many branches of Christianity. Many people can trace the origins of their faith back to a moment when they heard the call to come forward and pray the sinner’s prayer. But are alter calls a good thing? Are there reasons we should use them or refrain from them?
This week, Dashawn, Aaron, and guest-host Adam Powers discuss:
- [03:57] – What is the history of “the Altar Call in the Christian Church?”?
- [16:24] – Does the fact that people legitimately came to faith during an altar call legitimize it?
- [18:38] – What do people need to know to be saved?
- [20:17] – Can altar calls have a redeeming value?
- [27:37] – How can someone know if their faith is legitimate?
- [36:18] – What is some advice for someone with this background or experience?
- Watch Out of Oz on YouTube
- SonRise Community Church
- Charles Finney
- Jonathan Edwards
- Billy Graham
- B. B. Warfield
- Francis Chan
- John Bunyan
- Charles Spurgeon
- John Calvin
- D. L. Moody
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Out of Oz 0303: Should a Christian Speak in Tongues?