Franklin D. Roosevelt famously stated: “War is young men dying and old men talking.” But today, with the meteoric rise of social media it seems that people are constantly talking about war, specifically the war that is currently raging in Ukraine. All of this drives us to a very pressing question: how should Christians think about, react to, and talk about war?
This week, Peter, Aaron, and guest-host Adam Powers discuss:
- [01:52] – What is the historic position of Christianity concerning war?
- [05:10] – What is a Christian alternative to pacifism?
- [08:45] – What does the Bible have to say about war?
- [13:21] – Specifically, how should we respond to the war in Ukraine?
- [18:08] – How are the wars in the Bible different than our wars?
- [24:25] – Would it be wrong for America to intervene in Ukraine?
- [28:06] – Is either position (regarding Ukraine) anti-biblical?
- Watch Out of Oz on YouTube
- SonRise Community Church
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Thomas Aquinas
- Christopher Hitchens
- Doug Wilson
- Bertrand Russell