“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, The Declaration of Independence
These seemingly immortal words are clung to and embraced by most Americans and most Christians in America. Yet, what is life? Are we truly a free people? And is someone mandating an “untested” vaccine upon us or someone refusing to take a “safe” vaccine a Biblical issue?
With the United States government essentially mandating a vaccine for federal employees and private businesses with more than 100 employees, how should Christians respond? These questions are stoking the fires of division within our culture and our churches.
This week, Peter, Aaron, and guest-host Adam Powers discuss:
- [04:12] – Is this a Biblical issue?
- [06:41] – What about religious exemptions?
- [11:02] – Is “conscience” a valid religious exemption?
- [13:50] – Should Christians submit to the government?
- [22:54] – How can Christians discern which things are worth fighting for (and which ones aren’t)?
- [33:06] – What comfort is there for Christians struggling with these tough decisions?
- [38:59] – How should Christians respond to disagreement over this issue?
“As Christians, we’re are losing our voices because we’re trying to equate personal opinion and preference with Biblical mandate. And the world needs to see a clear distinction between them.” ~ Aaron Currin“As Christians, we’re are losing our voices because we’re trying to equate personal opinion and preference with Biblical mandate. And the world needs to see a clear distinction between them.” ~ Aaron CurrinClick To Tweet
- Watch Out of Oz on YouTube
- SonRise Community Church
- Out of Oz 0208: Should Christians Own Guns?
- Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson