Deconstruction is on the rise throughout Christianity in our day; people who have started to pick apart beliefs they once held or a relationship with Christ they seemingly once had and now claim to not be Christians anymore. As believers, we need to know how to kindly, compassionately, and thoughtfully answer these questions not only for their souls but for our own as well.
In this first part of a three-part series, Peter and Aaron respond to and discuss Rhett McLaughlin’s video Rhett’s Spiritual Deconstruction. Rhett, and his co-host Link, are the very popular media personalities behind Good Mythical Morning and Ear Biscuits. Both claim to be former Christians who have deconstructed and walked away from their faith.
This week, Peter and Aaron discuss:
- [01:56] – Why are we addressing this?
- [06:55] – Rhett’s purpose in telling his story
- [12:30] – Young Earth vs old Earth
- [21:05] – Chromosomal evidence for macroevolution
- [27:57] – Retroviruses
- [32:48] – Vestigial structures
- [40:18] – Resistance to science
- Watch Out of Oz on YouTube
- Good Mythical Morning
- Ear Biscuits
- Rhett’s Spiritual Deconstruction
- Francis Collins
- Bart D. Ehrman