Deconstruction is on the rise throughout Christianity in our day; people who have started to pick apart beliefs they once held or a relationship with Christ they seemingly once had and now claim to not be Christians anymore. As believers, we need to know how to kindly, compassionately, and thoughtfully answer these questions not only for their souls but for our own as well.
In part two of this three-part series, Peter and Aaron respond to and discuss Rhett McLaughlin’s video Rhett’s Spiritual Deconstruction. Rhett, and his co-host Link, are the very popular media personalities behind Good Mythical Morning and Ear Biscuits. Both claim to be former Christians who have deconstructed and walked away from their faith.
This week, Peter and Aaron discuss:
- [03:11] – Historical records
- [17:42] – Foundation of feelings
- [24:50] – Doubts about the New Testament and Jesus
- [33:20] – The Bible is any other holy book
- [39:41] – Appetite for certainty
- [43:47] – Innate morality
- Watch Out of Oz on YouTube
- Good Mythical Morning
- Ear Biscuits
- Rhett’s Spiritual Deconstruction
- Out of Oz 0308: How Can We Trust the Bible?
- Bart D. Ehrman
- The Historical Jesus: Five Views
- Christopher Hitchens
- Jordan Peterson
- Abraham Piper
- Ravi Zacharias
- Sam Harris