It is undeniable that in the early Christian church that the gift of tongues was operational and effectual. But since the first century, evidence surrounding the use of tongues is scant, and particularly in recent centuries, there has been a lot of confusion surrounding the use, necessary presence, or continuation of speaking in tongues. So today Christians are left with the extremely pressing and somewhat unsettling question: Should I as a Christian be speaking in tongues?
This week, Peter, Aaron, and guest-host Adam Powers discuss:
- [03:21] – What is speaking in tongues?
- [07:05] – Were there different forms of tongues in the New Testament?
- [14:06] – Does there have to be a purpose to speaking in tongues?
- [16:26] – Do you believe this gift is still operational today?
- [30:52] – What’s the difference between miracles and speaking in tongues?
- [34:45] – What about people saying “God told me…”?
- [45:41] – How would you counsel a Christian friend concerning the use of tongues?