For many Christians, particularly in the southern United States, the death penalty for certain truly heinous criminal acts is a no-brainer; the thought being “what reasonable person wouldn’t support the sanction of erasing murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc.”? But against this position there is a torrent of objections declaring that true Christians love forgiveness and should seek to restore. While the tumult rages on, the question remains: should Christians support or oppose capital punishment?
This week, Peter, Aaron, and guest-hosts Adam Powers and Dashawn Cousins discuss:
- [03:29] – Where do you stand on the death penalty?
- [09:14] – Does your view on God’s sovereignty affect your view of the death penalty?
- [16:31] – Does the method of execution matter?
- [24:48] – Should the death penalty only be used in response to the taking of a life?
- [31:40] – Is the death penalty really a biblical issue?