An often controversial and almost always unsettling topic is this Biblical concept of hell. Throughout the centuries of Christendom, the doctrine of hell has been maligned, ridiculed, utilized to accomplish fear-driven evangelism, misunderstood, and even denied. But as believers who take seriously the Scriptures, the sincere question that we must answer is: “What is hell?”
This week, Dashawn, Aaron, and guest-host Adam Powers discuss:
- [07:30] – Why is there so much consternation and division around this specific doctrine?
- [13:02] – Are all the horrors related to hell as described in Scripture literal or allegorical?
- [16:24] – How do the Scriptures describe hell?
- [22:59] – Is hell justifiable?
- [28:06] – Why is hell eternal?
- [31:08] – Does God send people to hell, or do they choose to go there?
- [40:55] – Is there danger in saying you believe in hell, but don’t like it?
- [47:14] – How can we, as Bible proclaiming Christians, misuse the doctrine of hell?
- [53:35] – What is the comfort, if any, in this doctrine?
- Watch Out of Oz on YouTube
- SonRise Community Church
- Dante’s Inferno
- Rob Bell
- C.S. Lewis
- The Problem of Pain
- R.C. Sproul
- N.T. Wright
- Surprised by Hope
- The Great Divorce
- Francis Chan
- Out of Oz 0301: Is Double Predestination Biblical?
- Tim Keller
- Christopher Hitchens