There are countless things Christians do that they are wasting their time on. Mark 12:30-31 lays out clearly the priorities of the Christian life from the mouth of Jesus—that Christians are to love God and love their neighbor. As Christians, we know what we are supposed to do but we waste our time doing other things. So what should Christians stop doing?
This week, Peter, Aaron, and guest-hosts Adam Powers, Dani Van Nortwick discuss:
- [03:59] – What’s the difference between universal and personal conviction?
- [07:03] – What do you think is more important to God — that we exercise our Christian liberties, or that we pursue holiness and purity?
- [14:59] – How do you handle a situation where someone points out something in your life that they believe is a sin, but you do not believe is a sin?
- [19:12] – How do you talk to someone that you feel has taken a Christian liberty too far? Should you talk to them at all?
- [29:31] – What does consumerism look like in the church?
- [34:16] – Why are Christians so quick to be hyper-critical of leaders in ministry and tear them down?
- [41:14] – What is the proper way to respond when a leader has done something wrong?
- [52:38] – How do you guard against being hyper-critical, but still hold leaders accountable?
- Watch Out of Oz on YouTube
- SonRise Community Church
- Out of Oz 0309: Why Do So Many People Hate Christians?
- Matt Chandler
- Ravi Zacharias
- Mark Driscoll
- Out of Oz 0313: Is Steven Furtick Going to Hell?